- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- 5 cups miniature or 40 regular-sized marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup Apothic Red
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt your margarine or butter. Add in the marshmallows to the saucepan; stir until melting begins and then add the wine. Stir until well mixed and remove the pan from the heat.
- Next, stir in the vanilla. Then, add the Rice Krispie cereal, stirring until well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Using a lightly buttered spatula, press the mix into a 13″ x 9″ buttered pan.
- Let the pan cool completely in the fridge and then cut them into bars.
Finish & Serve
Enjoy this new twist on a familiar treat with a glass of Apothic Red, and remain forever young-at-heart!