Creamy Crimson Curry
Pair with Apothic Cabernet Sauvignon
Yields 4 Portions
- 2 chicken breast roughly chopped
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 onion
- 2 green chilies or to taste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken stock (optional)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup Apothic Cab
In a large bowl, mix together the Apothic Cab, white vinegar, and all 7 spices; submerge and rub this marinade into the chicken breast. Cover and set this aside for at least an hour or refrigerate overnight for best results.
- Dice the onion and green chilies.
- In a large pan, on medium heat, apply a thin layer of cooking oil. Sauté the onions and chillies until they soften up, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, along with the marinade, into the pan and allow to cook until the chicken pieces are nicely browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste for 1 to 2 minutes until it is fully incorporated.
- Pour in the chicken stock to thin out the sauce a little or omit if it is already at your desired consistency. Simmer for about 20 minutes to allow the chicken to fully cook through.
Finish & Serve
Serve hot off the stove with rice or buttered naan, a generous sprinkling of crunchy green chilies and a glass of Apothic Cab to round out the bold flavours.